A LOVING AND CARING HEART
A. This morning I would like for us to give attention to the message about a loving
and caring heart.
B. We will begin by reading Luke 10:25-37 (762)
I. From this passage we will focus on two lessons.
A. We learn who our neighbor is.
1. The scribe asked Jesus according to v29, “And who is my neighbor?”
2. Jesus gave this parable to answer that anyone in need is our neighbor.
3. The Jews had a different view based on whether the individual was a Jew or
4. A true modern-day “Good Samaritan” story.
B. We learn that practical service must be a feature of our religion.
1. How did the priest respond to the injured man? V31
2. How did the Levite respond? V32
3. How did the Samaritan respond? Vv33-35
II. Jesus has given us a command to love. John 13:34-35 (793)
A. Let’s look at two types of love.
1. Phileo: affection, fondness and liking the other.
2. Agape: unconditional love
B. A new command V34, “As I have loved you.” Examples:
C. Love is the badge of discipleship. Vv34-35; 1 Corinthians 13:1-8a (848)
Conclusion: Wouldn’t it be beneficial if we used this message to become a better Christian, a
better spouse, a better friend, a better parent, a better child and a better servant?