A PLACE CALLED HELL
A. After the Day of Judgment, every person who has ever lived will have an experience
that he/she has never had and it is called eternity-a life of complete satisfaction or
punishment. Romans 6:23 (833)
B. Our message concerns the eternity of punishment in hell.
C. I wish I could believe that there was no hell, but that would be denying many passages
in God’s word.
I. The Bible teaches the certainty of hell.
A. Our Lord and Savior taught that hell is real. Matthew 25:31-33,41,46 (726);
Matthew 5:22,29-30 (706)
B. The apostles taught that there is a place called hell. Paul in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
(875); Peter in 2 Peter 2:4 (898); John in Revelation 20:14-15 (916)
II. The conditions of hell
A. Hell is a place
1. where desires are not satisfied. Luke 16:22-25 (768) (refers to hades and
the conditions in hades will be worse in hell.)
2. where there is fire. Matthew 13:41-42 (714)
3. where there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:42
4. where there will be darkness. Matthew 25:30 (726)
5. where people will be conscious (Luke 16:23-24, p769),have feelings (V24),
remember (VV25-31), think, and beg (V27)
III. Let think about the kinds of people who will be in hell.
A. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (844)
B. Revelation 21:8 (917)
Conclusion: 1) Review 2) Question 3) a way to escape hell. Acts 8:30-39 (808); Romans 8: