A STUDY OF 1 CORINTHIANS (Lesson Eleven)
The Resurrection Of The dead (Part Two)
1 Corinthians 15 (851)
1. There were Christians in Corinth who were confused about the resurrection of the
dead Christians, and some claimed that there was no resurrection for them. Vv12-13
2. Let’s continue our study in 1 Corinthians 15 about the resurrection of the dead.
VI. Paul ________________ the resurrection in verses 35-54.
A. Question in v 35: _____________________________________________________
1. The resurrection body will be ______________ from the physical body placed in
the grave. V37. Illustration. Vv 44,49,51,53
B. Question in v 35: ______________________________________________________
In what condition will they be? VV50-54
VII. Paul wrote about the Christian’s ______________ victory. Vv 50-58
A. When Christ returns, all Christians will be _______________. V51. A mystery was
knowledge thy has not known.
1. God will put off from our bodies corruption and _____________ and put on in-
corruption and immortality. Vv53-54
2. Death will be swallowed up in victory. V54; Isaiah 25:8 (529); Hosea 13:14 (669)
3. God will give us victory over _______ and _________ through Jesus. V57
4. We will be changed instantaneously. V52
VIII. Let’s look at a sample of what we will enjoy after our resurrection when we are in eternity
A. A new heaven and a _______ earth (universe). Revelation 21:1 (916); 2 Peter 3:10-13
(899); 1 Corinthians 15:27
B. Fellowship with God and Jesus. Rev. 21:2-3,7,22
C. New ______________. Rev.21: 4-5,27
A. Since Christ has been resurrection, we will be resurrection when Jesus returns.
B. We will enjoy all that has been planned for us in eternity.
C. We owe Christ a debt that we could not even begin to __________. Rev. 5:12-13