ARE WE STANDING FIRM IN THE WORK OF GOD?
1 Corinthians 15:50-58 (851)
A. Do you ever become discouraged as you endeavor to serve God?
B. I know that we have our spiritual highs and lows.
C. I encourage us to listen carefully to God’s message because there are times when we
need to be encouraged, renewed and revived- challenged to stand firm in our service
1. We must understand that satan is after us. 1 Peter 5:8 (897)
A. Someone might think, how is that encouraging? Answer: If I were to tell you that a
lion was on the outside, would you be encouraged to stay inside?
B. satan wants our service to God to be ineffective and he will try anything to do this.
1. He knows exactly how to tempt us.
2. If he can’t control us, he will attempt to destroy what we love. Our family for
C. Let’s not allow satan to get the best of us. 1 Peter 5:8-9 (897)
II. We must avoid living in the past. Philippians 3:13-14 (868)
A. We might have regrets.
B. What are we to do?
1. Change what we can.
2. Ask God’s forgiveness. 1 John 1:9 (900)
3. Move away from the past and press toward eternity.
III. We must be optimistic about the future. Philippians 3:13-14 (868)
A. It is easy to be pessimistic. Examples: Look at our society
B. Worrying won’t solve the problems. Three suggestions:
1. Pray. (God knows best) James 5:16b (894); Philippians 4:6-7 (869)
2. Be faithful to do what we know we should. James 4:17; Matt. 24:45-47 (725
3. Encourage one another. 1 Corinthians 8:1 (845); 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (874)
Conclusion: Review. 1 Corinthians 15:58 (851)