BE PROSPEROUS AND HAVE GOOD SUCCESS
Joshua 1:6-9 (177)
1. The Children of Israel, led by their new leader Joshua, were encamped at the
border of the land of promise.
2. The Lord instructed Joshua how to prosper and have good success.
3. There are those present who are at the border of eternity.
B. God instructs us in His word how to prosper and have good success in spiritual terms.
Read Joshua 1:6-9 (177)
I. The Lord instructed Joshua to make the Book of Law his priority. Vv7-8
A. The Israelites lived under the Law of Moses. Deuteronomy 5:1-3 (150)
B. We live under the Christian dispensation ( Hebrews 8:7-13; 9:15-17,p887) which
started in Acts 2. Vv14,7-13,29-41,47 (802)
1. Our allegiance must be to the Law God has given us.
II. The Lord instructed Joshua to meditate in the Book of Law. Read, study. V8
A. A practice that God instructed the Kings. Deut. 17:18-20
B. We must read and study the New Testament. Romans 10:17 (836); 2 Timothy:
15 (880). Study means to be diligent. Examples of rightly dividing:
C. The Lord instructed Joshua to meditate in the Book of the Law.
1. Appropriate and apply the truth to life. Psalm 1:1-3 (430)
2. How often should we read and meditate on God’s word?
III. The Lord instructed Joshua concerning the Book of the Law in Joshua 1:8a:
A. God wanted a leader who was dedicated to the Law.
B. We should be dedicated to the New Law.
IV. The Lord instructed Joshua to obey the Law. Joshua 1:7-8 (177)
A. We must obey God’s will for us.
V. God’s promises to Joshua: V3________________ Vv5,9 _________________________
V7. Prosper. V8: Be prosperous and have good success.
VI. God promises us.God will save Acts 2:36-39, never leave (Hebs 13:5), prosper (Phil. 4:19
Give good success (Romans 8:28), give is eternal life (1 John 5:13_
Conclusion: Everyone present can enjoy eternal life. God has dine His part, we must obey.