BUILDING THE LORD’S HOUSE
Haggai 1:1-15 (689)
1. The return of the people of Judah from Babylonian captivity and their response
to the Lord’s instruction to build the temple.
2. The message of Haggai from the Lord.
I. Haggai’s message to Judah
A. The attitude of the people. V2
1. It’s not the time. Why? Vv3-4
B. Haggai’s message.
1. It is the time. V4
2. The Lord’s challenge. Vv5-9
3. Judah’s response.
II. The message is applicable to us.
A. We need to build God’s house, His church.
1. The temple of God today is His church. 1 Corinthians 1:2 (841);
1 Corinthians 3:16-17
2. The foundation is the work of Christ, the apostles and the prophets. Ephesians 2:
B. We as a local congregation of the church are in need of an on-going building
1. We need to build in two ways.
a. By giving attention to the edifying of the local church. Ephesians 4:11-16
Who has the responsibility? Vv16,11-12. How do we carry out our responsibility?
b. Converting people through the teaching of the gospel. Matthew 28:18-20;
1 Corinthians 3:5-11 (842)
2. Two possible responses: No or Yes
Conclusion: What response will it be? God will bless us if we make the proper response.
2 Corinthians 9:6-11 (856)