ENCOURAGEMENT TO BE FAITHFUL
1 Corinthians 10:1-13 (846)
A. It’s helpful to be reminded that we must be careful about the way we live as we
journey to eternity.
B. The apostle Paul used Israel as they travelled from Egypt to Canaan as an example
to teach faithfulness to the Christians in Corinth. Read 1 Corinthians 10:1-13 (846)
C. Let’s be encouraged to live so we remain faithful to God.
I. We can not live in (habitually practice) sin and be faithful to God. Vv5-6a
A. Many of the Israelites were overthrown in the wilderness because of sins. The
1. Lust. V6. Lust is the desire for the wrong things. Numbers 11:1-6 (120)
a. Be on guard against the temptations to lust. Examples:
2. Idolatry. V7; Exodus 32:6 (72). Anything we place above God is an
3. Sexual immorality. V8; Numbers 25:9 (134) Examples:
4. Tempting Christ. V9; Numbers 21:4-6 (130) Examples:
5. Complaining. V10; Exodus 17:1-3 (58); Number 11:1 (120); Numbers 20:2-5 (129
B. Application: Let’s be conscious of our weaknesses and refuse to dally with
II. We must examine ourselves occasionally. 2 Corinthians 13:5 (859) Questions:
III. We must not depend on being baptized at some point. That is the beginning.
1 Cor. 10:1-5
IV. We must remember that when we are tempted God will provide an escape v13
A. Let’s not fall as many of the Israelites did. With the grace of our Heavenly Father
and our Lord Jesus, let’s do our part and remain faithful.