ESTHER, A DIFFERENCE MAKER
Esther 4:4-16 (403)
A. Let’s ask ourselves: Am I making a difference in the lives of people? Am I touching
the lives of others for good?
B. There is an O. T. story about a courageous Jewish lady named Esther, the Queen of
Persia, who was used by God to save the Jews from destruction.
C. Esther serves as an example of one who made a difference in the lives of people.
I. The need
A. There was a need for Esther. Vv 7-8
1. Haman, an enemy of the Jews, persuaded King Ahasuerus to decree to destroy the
Jews. Esther 3:8-10,14
2. Esther responded to the need. Esther 4:15-16
B. There are needs today.
1. To teach the Great Commission. Matthew 28:18-20 (730)
2. To encourage those who have fallen away from God. Galatians 6:1-2 (862)
3. For spiritually mature ladies to teach the younger. Titus 2:3-4 (881)
4. To encourage those who do not worship to repent. Hebrews 10:25 (888)
II. Esther had a decision to make. Esther 4:15-16; 7:5-10 (4-5)
A. Will we submit to God for Him to use us? Isaiah 6:1-8 (518)
A. God has plans for those who will submit to being used. Philippians 1:6 (867)