Ecclesiastes 5:1-7 (507)
A. The wise man Solomon teaches us to fear God.
B. “But fear God.” V7b
1. Means to have reverence and awe for God in response to HIS glory.
2. There is a difference between being afraid of God and fearing God. Exodus
I. Solomon teaches us to exercise sound judgment as we worship God. V1
A. “Walk prudently when you go to the house of God.” V1a
1. Watch your step. Malachi 1:6-8,13 (697)
2. Have the right attitude. John 4:24
B. “Draw near to hear” V1b; Hosea 6:6 (665); Matthew 7:21 (708)
II. Solomon warns us about vain praying in the house of God. Vv2-3
A. Men, we must be prepared to lead pray.
1. Spiritually, emotionally, etc.
2. Suggestions: ______________________________________
III. Solomon teaches us the importance of keeping our vows to God. Vv 4-7;
Deuteronomy 23:21-23 (166)
A. As Christians we made a vow. 2 Corinthians 11:2 (857)
B. We should not sin by making a vow to God and not keeping it. V6a
C. Our commitments to God are serious.
A. Solomon teaches us to fear God which means to have reverence and awe for God
in response to HIS glory.