GOD’S AMAZING GRACE (Part Five)
2 Peter 3:18 (899)
A. We have considered two reasons we need to grow in grace: 1) because of the attitudes
and values of people (example), and 2) because grace teaches us. Ephesians 2:8-9;
Titus 2: 11-15
I. This morning let’s note three more reasons it is necessary to grow in grace.
C. Because the grace of God forgives us when we sin. 1 John 1:5-6,8,10,9,7;2:1-2 (900)
1. God is light and we have fellowship with Him. Vv5-6
2. What if we say we have no sin? Vv 8,10.
3. What does God do when we confess our sins? V9 Why?
4. The word “cleanses” in v7 denotes an on going process.
5. The grace of God says: “Don’t give up, God will forgive.
D. Because the grace of God enables us to do His work.
1. Every Christian has been given grace. Ephesians 4:7 (865)
2. God has given us sufficient grace. 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 (858)
3. The apostle Paul attributed his ministry to God’s grace. Romans 1:1-5 (829)
4. God works in us. Philippians 2:12-13 (868)
V12: work means continue a task. Applies to us. V13: work means provide the ability,
means and energy. It applies to God.
E. Because the grace of God provides for us eternal life. 1 Peter1:9-10 (894); 1 Pet. 5:10
Closing: Questions. The Christian is saved by grace, then given more grace-grace that is sufficient,
grace that enables us to do God’s work and grace that provides eternal life.