GOD’S AMAZING GRACE (Part Four)
2 Peter 3:18 (899)
A. Grace, mercy, faith. Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8; James 2
B. Let’s consider a challenge that Peter gives us in 2 Peter 3:18 (probably the last recorded
words of Peter).
I. Why are we challenged to grow in grace?
A. Because of the attitudes and values of people.
1. Illustration: Reflection on the attitudes and values of our society.
2. We value work, effort and performance.
3. We can’t carry these values with us as we relate to God. Romans 3:9-18 (831); Rom.
3: 23; 6:23; Isaiah 64:6 (554)
4. Aren’t we glad. Illustration: only necessary to sin once to be condemned!
B. Because grace teaches us. Titus 2:11-15 (882)
1. To say no to:
2. To live:
3. To eagerly await the return of Jesus. Vv13-14
Closing: and to be continued.