GOD'S LAW OF SOWING AND REAPING (Lesson One)
Galatians 6:7-10 (862)
A. Many laws have been set in force by Almighty God, and one of these is the Law of
sowing and reaping. Constant and perpetual.
I. Two important principles to keep in mind: 1) We always reap what we sow;
We always reap more than what we sow. Illustration:
II. God is not mocked. V7
A. It's a vain attempt to try to mock God by thinking we won't reap what we sow.
1. Some of the attributes of God: Omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.
2. We can't 'pull something over' on God.
B. satan will try to deceive us.
1. He deceived Eve in the garden. Genesis 3:1-6 (2)
2. Why didn't satan tell Eve the truth?
V16: Eve would suffer pain in child bearing. Eve would take a subordinate
position to her husband.
Vv17-19: Adam would be required to work for his livelihood.
V24: Adam and Eve would lose their special relationship with God.
They would die spiritually and physically.
V24: They would lose their paradise.
C. satan doesn't tell us the truth today.
1. He deceives us because he doesn't want us to understand that we will reap what
we sow. Examples:
D. God tells us the truth. Galatians 6:7-10 (862); Galatians 5:19-21; Gal. 5:22-23
Closing: We reap what we sow and more than we sow. Sometimes in this life
and for certain in eternity.