HELL ( Part II )
“Why have preachers quit preaching on the realness of hell? It’s all love and grace”
A. We have focused on the fact that the Bible teaches the certainty of hell.
1. Jesus taught the reality of hell. Luke 12:4-5 (764); Matthew 25:46a (726)
2. The apostles-Peter, Paul and John- taught that there is a hell.
B. Let’s continue our study about eternal punishment. Let’s answer this question
II. What kind of place is hell?
A. Hell is a place of condemnation. Matthew 23:32-33 (724): Matthew 25:30 (726)
1. Everything about hell will be condemning. Examples:
B. Hell is a place where the body as well as the soul will be punished. John
5:25-29 (783); Matthew 10:28 (711)
C. Hell is a place of eternal separation. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10 (875)
1. Separation from _________________________________________________
D. Hell is a place of eternal conscious torment. Matthew 25:41,46a (726);
Luke 16:23-25 (769) Remember that those in torment in hades will be cast
into the lake of fire (hell). Revelation 20:13-14 (916)
E. Hell is a place of eternal memory. Luke 16:24-29 (769)
F. Hell is the eternal place of the unrighteous. Matthew 25:41,46a (726);
Revelation 20:11-15 (916).
1. No way out! No hope! Forever!
A. Hell is a terrible place!
B. The good news is that we can escape the horrors of hell. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21 (854);
Acts 2:36-41 (802)