John 5:22-23 (783)
A. Comments about Easter: Children’s interest, celebrating the resurrection of Christ.
B. I’d like for us to honor Christ. John 5:23-23
1. All people should honor the Son as they honor the Father.
2. Those who don’t honor the Son don’t honor the Father.
3. To honor the Son is to honor the Father.
C. Three ways (there are more) in which we honor Christ.
I. We honor Christ by being united with His sacrifice for our sins.
A. God demonstrated His love through the sacrifice of Jesus. Romans 5:8 (832)
B. We are saved by the sacrifice of Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (850)
C. We must be united with the sacrifice of Christ. Romans 6:3-6 (833)
II. We honor Christ by belonging to His church.
A. Jesus promised to build His church. Matthew 16:13-18 (717)
B. The saved are added to His church. Acts 2:47 (802)
III. We honor Christ as we engage in the Lord’s Supper.
A. Jesus instituted this memorial at His last Passover meal. Matthew 26:26-28 (727)
B. We engage in the Lord’s Supper each Sunday and as we do:
1. We remember the sacrifice. Vv26-28
2. We proclaim that Jesus sacrificed Himself for our sins and that He will return.
1 Corinthians 11:26 (847)
3. We celebrate His resurrection. Matthew 26:32 (727); 1 Corinthians 15:4 (850)
4. We receive spiritual nourishment. John 6:53-56
Conclusion: Review and invitation