IS MY NAME WRITTEN IN HEAVEN?
Luke 10:17-20 (p761)
A. We must accept two Biblical revelations: 1) Those who are saved are going to
a beautiful place called heaven and 2) those who are condemned are going to a
terrible place called hell.
B. Many people question their eternal destiny:
C. The challenge this morning is for each of us to answer this question: “Is my
name written in heaven?” Luke 10:17-20; Revelation 3:4-6 (p906)
1. If my name is written in heaven then it must be written in the Book of Life.
I. The Book of Life
1. The Jews kept a register of their citizens.
2. When a citizen died his name was blotted out of the register. Psalm 69:28
3. Since the register contained an update of the living, it was called the Book of
4. Jesus used this familiar concept and made a spiritual application. His
register is named the Book of Life.
1. The Book of Life has existed from the foundation of the _______________.
Revelation 13:8 (p912); Revelation 17:8 (P914)
2. It contains the names of those who will be in God’s ___________ kingdom.
Revelation 21:27 (p917); Revelation 3:5 (P906); Hebrews 12:23 (p890)
3. It will be used on the Day of Judgment. Revelation 20:11-15
1. Christ determines whose names are _____________________ in the Book of
Life because the book belongs to Him. John 1:29; Revelation 21:27
2. Christ adds the names of the saved. Revelation 21:27; 3:5
A. The names of those who have rejected the gospel of Christ are not recorded in
the Lamb’s Book of Life. Revelation 21:27
B. They face an eternity of punishment in hell. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
C. The gospel message: Acts 2:36-41,47. “Is my name written in heaven?”