A. Jesus was born over 2,000 years ago in Bethlehem of Judea, and became a man to
influence more people throughout the world than any other individual.
B. Since our thoughts are centered on Jesus, let’s look at two important facts about
I. Jesus came to Earth to reveal God to us. John 1:18 (799); John 14:1-11 (793)
A. God became visible to humans through Jesus. John 14:7-9
1. When people saw Jesus, they were seeing God, etc.
2. Jesus is Immanuel, which is “God with us.” Matthew 1:23 (703)
B. Let’s consider four ways in which Jesus reveals God to us. Jesus reveals to us:
1. The love of God. John 3:16-17 (781); Romans 5:8 (832)
2. The power of God. John 3:2 (780)
3. The hatred of God for sin. Matthew 27:46 (729)
4. The redemption of God. 1 Peter 1:17-21 (895)
C. Jesus came to show us God, and when people accept Jesus they accept God. John
1. The way: Through His death and resurrection, Jesus is the way to God.
2. The truth: That is, the revelation of God.
3. The life: He makes eternal life possible.
II. Jesus came to Earth to save sinners. Matthew 1:21 (703)
A. The name “Jesus” means “The Lord shall save.”
B. The apostle Paul taught that Jesus came to save sinners. 1 Timothy 1:15 (876)
1. Jesus atoned for our sins that we might be reconciled to God. Romans 5:1-11 (832)
III. If you aren’t a Christian, how should you respond and benefit by what Jesus has
A. You must obey Jesus. Hebrews 5:9 (885); Acts 2 (801) 14,16,21-24,32-33,36-41