LESSONS FROM THE ISRAELITES
A. The Children of Israel were special to God. Examples:
B. The Israelites struggled with their faithfulness to God.
1. When they were faithful, God blessed them. When they were unfaithful, they
suffered the consequences.
C. Let’s consider three lessons that we can learn from their experiences.
I. God made a covenant or agreement with the Nation of Israel. Exodus 23:23-33
(63); Exodus 24:7-8 64
A. Lesson one: God has made a covenant with us.
1. Christ is the authority. Hebrews 1:1-2 (883)
2. Christ is the Mediator/testator. Hebrews 9:14-17 (887)
3. The Lord’s Supper commemorates the sacrifice of Christ and the establishing of
the new covenant. Matthew 26:26-28 (727)
II. The Israelites broke God’s covenant. Judges 2:1-4 (199); Judges 2:11-15
A. Lesson two: We are to be faithful to our covenant.
B. Two ways by which we can compromise our obedience to our covenant.
1. Failing to observe the Lord’s Supper or not observing in an appropriate
Manner. 1 Corinthians 11:23-34 (847)
2. Compromising the truth. Ephesians 4:1-6 (865)
Seven truths of the new covenant, vv4-6:
III. Lesson three: When we accept and live by God’s covenant, God blesses us.
A. God’s promises to the Israelites. Exodus 23:23-30 (63)
B. God’s promises to us in the book of Revelation.
Revelation 14:13 (913):
Conclusion: We can’t afford to compromise because the cost is to high.
We have everything to gain by being faithful Children of God.