LIVING IN THE SENIOR YEARS OF LIFE
A. The difficult days of old age are inevitable and inescapable if we live to be old.
B. We can endure and finish victoriously if we act decisively for God.
C. Let’s consider Ecclesiastes 12:1-7 (510-511)
I. Many experiences of old age
A. V2-affliction, depression, etc.
B. V3-the human body breaks down.
C. V4-loss of hearing, weakened voice.
D. V5-fears, lack of appetite.
E. Vv 6&7-eventual death.
II. How should Christians view themselves in old age?
A. They should refuse to think that they are useless, helpless, afraid and alone. Here are
1. You are a soldier in the army of God. 2 Timothy 2:3 (879)
2. You are a sister or brother to Jesus. Romans 8:16-17 (834)
3. Nothing can separate you from God’s love. Romans 8:35-39
4. God will never leave you. Hebrews 13:5 (891)
5. God will work things together for your good. Romans 8:28 (835)
B. Christians should use their senior years to help others. Suggestions:
1. Edify others with your experiences. Ephesians 4:11-16 (865)
2. Teach others using your wisdom. Titus 2:3-4 (881)
3. Help place people so they can be taught the gospel message. Matt. 28:19-20
4. Pray for family friends, church, Nation. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (874)
5. Volunteer for help in the community. Matthew 5:16 (705)
A. We are going to die one day. Ecclesiastes 12:6-7. Let’s be prepared.