PSALM 23 (437)
THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
A. Beginning a series of lessons based on the 23rd Psalm.
B. Relationship presented between God and His children is that of a shepherd to his
1. Written by David, a shepherd, later to be known as the “Shepherd King of Israel”
not as a shepherd, but as a sheep.
C. Imagine a sheep on one side of the fence with all the advantages talking with a sheep
on the other side without such advantages.
I. “The Lord is my Shepherd” v1
A. A few credentials of the Lord.
1. His creative abilities. Psalm 19:1-6 (435); Genesis 1:1 (1)
a. Consider the relationship of the earth to the vast universe:
2. In His awesomeness, God is____________________________________ Psalm
B. A shepherd is an owner and a manager.
1. The kind of shepherd the Lord is.
2. The Lord owns us, Isaiah 53:6 (548); 2 Corinthians 5:21 (854); John 10:11 (789),
because Jesus has purchased us. Benefits we receive: Ephesians 1:3 (863); James
C. A shepherd provides leadership. 2 Corinthians 5:7 (854); Proverbs 3: 5-6
B. Psalm 23:1a