SALVATION THROUGH CHRIST
Romans 4:23-5:11 (832)
A. The coming of Christ to Earth was a demonstration of God’s love for us. John
3:16-17; Romans 5:8
1. Hymn number 301
B. Why did Christ come to Earth and what should be our response?
I. Christ came to Earth to bring salvation. Luke 19:10 (771)
A. He was delivered over to death for our offenses (sins) according to Romans
1. Christ’s sacrifice had been prophesied hundreds of years earlier. Isaiah 53:1-8 (548)
about 726 B.C.
B. Christ died for our sins. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (850)
II. Our response to Christ bringing salvation.
A. An example: Acts 8:26-39 (808)
B. The eunuch’s response:
1. His question in V36: “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?
2. Philip’s answer: “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” V37
3. The eunuch’s reply: “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” V37
4. Action taken: Philip baptized him. V38
What should our response be to the teaching of salvation through Christ? Acts 8:35-38