THE FOOLISHNESS OF TRUSTING IN HUMAN WISDOM (Lesson Three)
A. We continue our studying about the foolishness of trusting in human wisdom.
I. We will consider the message of 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 (841).
A. Not many wise, mighty or noble are called. V26
1. These are the kinds of people who considered the message of the cross foolishness.
2. The social standing in Roman society. Corinth was a Roman colony.
B. The church offered the common people what society did not. Galatians
C. In 1 Corinthians 1:27-28, we find a clash of values.
Things which are not-things that are.
D. Why is trusting in the wisdom of man-apart from God- bad?
1. Because it leads to destruction. Jeremiah 10:23 (565); Jeremiah 17:5,7;
2. Who and what are going to be our source of wisdom and guidance in life?
E. We should boast in the Lord and not man. Vv 30-31 (841)
1. God sent His Son to reveal Himself. V30. Wisdom, righteousness, sanctification
and redemption from God.
2. We boast/glory in the LORD. 1 Cor, 1:18,21; Philippiams 3:9-11 (868)
A. We have noted (review)
B. Our Lord, Jesus, reveals the wisdom of God.