THE FOOLISHNESS OF TRUSTING IN HUMAN WISDOM (Lesson Two)
A. There are people who appeal to authorities such as experts in the areas of science,
philosophy and religion and place their faith in these authorities.
B. Our faith must be based, however, on God’s word. Romans 10:17
C. Let’s consider how people are called to God and the gospel.
D. There is a popular false doctrine in religion called Predestination.
1. There are those who believe this because they place their faith in “experts” in
religion and not God’s word.
2. This doctrine teaches that before the world God decided who would go to heaven
and who would go to hell.
I. Let’s note that God calls calls people to salvation; therefore, predestination as I
defined is a false doctrine. To call is to invite.
A. God is not a respecter of people.
1. Romans 2:10-11 (830)
2. Acts 10:34 (811)
B. Aren’t we glad that God isn’t a respecter of people?
C. God calls everyone because He loves everyone.
1. John 3:16-17
2. 1 Timothy 2:4-6 (876)
3. Matthew 11:28-30 (712)
4. 2 Peter 3:9 (899)
5. Revelation 22:17 (918)
6. The individual has a choice.
II. How does God call people?
A. Through His word.
1. Romans 10:17 (836); 2. Acts 16:14 (816); 3. Acts 18:8 (818); 4. 2 Thess. 2:14 (875);
5. John 4:44-45 (785); 6. Matthew 7:13-14 (708)
III. The Bible does teach that God predestines/predetermines, but in what sense?
A. Before God created the world He predetermined that every person who obeyed the
Gospel of Christ would be saved (Ephesians 1:3-14, p863), and everyone who rejected
would be lost. Romans 2:6-9,11 (830)
Closing: WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO OBEY THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST.