THE NUMBER ONE ADVERSARY
1 Peter 5:8-9 (897)
A. The apostle Peter compared the devil to a ferocious lion and we are his prey.
B. Let’s look at four tactics used by the devil and how we can combat him.
I. The devil attempts to pervert God’s Word.
A. He began his perversion in the Garden of Eden.
1. Genesis 2: 16-17 (2)
2. Genesis 3:1-5
3. God said in Genesis 2:17b, __________________________________________
4. The devil said in Genesis 3:4, ________________________________________
B. What happened to Adam and Eve when they ate the forbidden fruit?
C. Those who teach and practice a perverted truth will pay dearly. Galatians 1:6-10 (859)
II. The devil attempts to steal the word of God from our heart. Luke 8: 11-12 (758)
B. Adam and Eve suffered by listening to the devil and so will we!
III. satan attempts to hinder us from doing God’s work. 1 Thessalonians 2:18 (873)
A. Paul was hindered by satan and he can hinder us.
IV. The devil uses people to cause attitudinal problems in a local church.
A. Several wrong attitudes:__________________________ Galatians 5:15 (862)
V. How do we deal with satan’s tactics? By putting on the whole armor of God. Ephesians
6: 10-18 (866).
1. Girdle of truth (John 17:17). 2. Breastplate of righteousness (2 Cor. 5:18-21 (854)
3. Shod feet with preparation of gospel of peace (Mt. 5:9). 4. Shield of faith (1 John 5:4).
5. Helmet of salvation (Hebrews 5:25). 6. Sword of word of God. (Mt. 4). 7. Praying
always (1Thess. 5:17)
Conclusion: The devil is our number one enemy, but he can’t trick us if we’re prepared and alert
1 John 4:4 (901): Offers us great assurance.