THEY SHALL SHARE ALIKE
1 Samuel 30:24 (249)
1. The Amalekites attacked Ziglag where David and his family were living and took
the people captive. 1 Samuel 30:1-6
2. David and his soldiers recovered everything the Amalekites had taken, as well as
3. The soldiers who fought with David did not want to share the spoil with the men
who had stayed with the supplies. V22
4. David disagreed (v23) and made this ordinance (v24): “But as his part is who goes
down to the battle; so shall his part be who stays by the supplies; they shall share
B. This principle is the basis for our message.
C. 1 Timothy 12a (878)
I. God’s army (Ephesians 6:10-18) needs the service of everyone enlisted.
A. Any military endeavor is dependent on the troops in the field and the support
personnel at the supply base. Example:
B. The same is true with God’s army.
1. We need those in the field of battle and those at the supple base.
2. New Testament example: Philippians 4:15-16 (869)
3. Every soldier in the Lord’s army is needed. Ephesians 4:15-16 (865)
4. Those serving in the field need to appreciate those at the supply base and vice
II. Let’s consider how we can cooperate following the same purpose, the same effort and
the same zeal. 1 Peter 4:10-11 (896)
A. Purpose: V11-to glorify God through Jesus Christ. Examples:
B. Effort: V10-as good stewards.
1. Every Christian has gifts, abilities and talents given by God. Matthew 25:14-30
2. We should do the best with what God has given us. Romans 12:4-8 (838)
C. We should have zeal. 1 Peter 4:11-as with the abilities God supplies.
III. Our efforts will be rewarded. Matthew 10:41-42 (711); 1 Corinthians 15:58 (851)
Conclusion: ………. that in all things God may be glorified. 1 Peter 4:10-11 (896)