THIS IS ETERNAL LIFE
John 17:1-3 (796)
A. As Jesus prayed to His Father, He made mention of eternal life. V3
B. Eternal life is a major theme in the gospel of Christ. John 3:16-17 (781); Romans
C. Several principles about eternal life that are taught in God’s word.
I. Eternal life is a future blessing. Titus 1:1-2 (881); Titus 3:7; 1 John
II. Eternal life is also a present possession. 1 John 5:10-13 (902)
III. Eternal life is a result of knowing God and Jesus. John 17:3
A. What does it mean to know God and Jesus?
1. To have a progressive knowledge and understanding which comes by having a
personal relationship with God and Jesus. John 10:14,27-30 (789)
2. Important connection between knowing and eternal life.
B. What is involved in knowing God and Jesus?
1. Obedience. 1 John 2:1-6 (900); Not to perfection. 1 John 1:7,9
2. Love for God and Jesus. John 14:15,21 (794)
3. Having the Holy Spirit. John 14:15-17; Acts 5:32 (805)
4. Romans 8:11 (834)
A. Question: Do I know Jesus by hear-say or do I know Him personally?
B. Question: Have I been united with Jesus? Romans 6:3-6 (833)