Matthew 1:18-25 (703)
A. Are you ever uncertain about God’s actions/instructions?
B. If you think you are uncertain at times, think about how confused Joseph must have
been. Matthew 1:18-19
1. Joseph was pledged to a young woman named Mary, who became pregnant.
2. He decided to divorce her secretly.
C. Before he did so the angel, Gabriel, appeared to him in a dream and gave him an
important message. Matthew 1:20-25
1. Never before had such happened.
2. What was Joseph to do? He obeyed God.
I. Why did Joseph obey the instructions from God? Because:
A. He was righteous (just). V19
B. He was sensitive to Mary’s situation. Vv24-25
C. He was faithful. V24
D. He possessed delf discipline. V25
II. What are we to do when we are uncertain and don’t fully understand God’s way?
A. We are to obey God. We might not be certain about every reason. Hebrews 11:6 (889
B. Hebrews 10:19-25 (888). We should be present at the appropriate time to worship
1. We are righteous (V22) and faithful (V22-23)
2. We are sensitive to the needs of our fellow Christians. Vv24-25
3. We possess self discipline. V25
A. Joseph was confused about the situation he faced.
B. He obeyed God.
C. When we are uncertain and don’t fully understand God’s way, what are we to do? We
must obey God because He said so. 1 John 5:1-5 (902)