WHEN WE NEED TO RECOMMIT TO GOD
Psalm 51 (448)
A. Consider these questions:
B. When do I know that I need to recommit to God?
I. Three signs that we have drifted from where God desires for us to be.
A. We are not troubled by sin. Psalm 51:1-3
1. Could it be that we have accumulated many unconfessed sins?
2. Note the attitude that brought King David to repentance. Vv1-3
B. There is no joy in serving the Lord. Vv 8,10,12
1. Do we go through the motions, etc?
C. We are not concerned for the lost. V13
II. How do we recommit to God?
A. Believe in God’s love and mercy.
1. If we received justice from God, we would be in hell for an eternity. Psalm 30:
B. Be honest about our sins. Psalm 51:3-4
1. Confess our sins by name.
C. Ask God to forgive us. Psalm 51:1c,2,7,9: 1 John 1:9 (900)
D. Give God our whole heart. Psalm 51:15-17; Isaiah 1:12-20 (515)
A. If we need to recommit to God, why not now?